Why is the Casey Community Resource Centre needed?
When compared to the Melbourne Statistical Division, a number of trends in the City of Casey’s population indicate that Casey residents may be especially vulnerable to disadvantage:
- Casey has a lower proportion of people holding formal qualifications than the Melbourne Statistical Division
- Casey has a higher proportion of people holding no formal qualifications
- Casey has several key areas of mortgage stress; e.g. Hampton Park, Cranbourne, Cranbourne East, Doveton and Hallam
- In Casey, a higher proportion of the population is purchasing their dwellings themselves
- Casey has a higher proportion of households with high monthly loan repayments or medium monthly loan repayments than the Melbourne Statistical Division
Which community organisations are planning to use the Centre?
The project is being managed by the City of Casey in partnership with Casey North Community Information and Support Services, South Eastern Region Migrant Resource Centre, Westernport Accommodation and Youth Support Service, Cardinia Legal Service and Options Victoria.