- Nurturing a sense of belonging and inclusion.
- Helping in a time of crisis.
- Building community resilience.
- Promoting positive health and wellbeing
- Advocating for their community
- volunteering for a charity or organisation that supports our community. Eg. delivering Meals on Wheels, CFA volunteering.
- regular support to sporting or recreational club activities.
- helping a neighbour or other members of the community with day to day tasks they can't do on their own. Eg. putting out the bins, doing the shopping, checking in on an isolated neighbour.
- Advocating for members of our community or for community safety/enhancement projects.
- supporting vulnerable community members during a crisis.
- involvement in activities and projects that look after our environment.
Who is eligible to be nominated for the Heroes of Lynbrook 2020 initiative?
Nominees must live in Lynbrook or Lyndhurst or their contributions must have a positive impact on the lives of Lynbrook/Lyndhurst residents in one or more of the following ways:
When do nominations close?
Nominations close at 5.00 pm, Friday June 12, 2020.
How will Nominees be recognised?
Once nominations have closed and been assessed, all eligible nominees will be featured on our Facebook page.
Lynbrook Community Centre will also be hosting a community event to celebrate and acknowledge all our Heroes of Lynbrook 2020.
What are some examples of activities that a nominee may be involved in?
They can range from official volunteer experiences through to neighbourly acts of kindness, including but not limited to:
If you think that someone has significantly contributed to our community then we would love to hear about it!
Will I find out if my nominee has been successful?
Yes, you will receive an email once the assessment process is completed to let you know the outcome.