Council is seeking feedback on its proposed Community Local Law 2023.
Council is proposing to make a new Community Local Law 2023, which will supersede and replace the Community Local Law 2018 (“current Local Law”) and the Asset Protection Local Law 2016 (“Asset Protection Local Law”).
The objectives of the proposed Community Local Law 2023 are to:
- provide for the peace, order and good government of the municipal district;
- apply a uniform and fair administration of this Local Law;
- promote a physical and social environment free from hazards to health, in which the residents of the municipal district can enjoy a quality of life that meets the general expectations of the community; and
- prevent and manage nuisances which may adversely affect the enjoyment of life within the municipal district or the health, safety and welfare of persons within the municipal district.
- enhance opportunities for increased economic activity by businesses in the municipal district
and to achieve these objectives by:
- regulating and managing activities of people within the municipal district which may be dangerous, unsafe or detrimental to the quality of life of other people in, or the environment of, the municipal district; and
- providing standards and conditions for specified activities to protect the safety and the welfare of people within, and the environment of, the municipal district.
Submissions are now invited on the proposed Community Local Law 2023 and must be received by 5.00pm, Monday 23 October 2023.
Where do I view the draft Community Local Law 2023?
You can download a copy of the proposed Community Local Law 2023 at the bottom of this page (under the heading Document Library). Alternatively, you may request a physical copy to be collected from Bunjil Place.
How do I make my submission?
Any person, which believes they may be affected by the proposed Community Local Law 2023, has the right to make a written submission in response to the draft document by completing the submission form below.
Alternatively, submissions in response to the draft Community Local Law 2023 can be made via the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com. Please include “Community Local Law 2023” in the subject line.
- Mail: PO Box 1000 Narre Warren, Victoria 3805. Please include “Community Local Law 2023” as the reference.
- In Person: Bunjil Place – (2 Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren). Please complete the submission form below and tick the box to confirm that you would like to provide a response in person.
Submissions will be received up to 5.00pm on Monday 23 October 2023.