What we heard about the Draft Revegetation Strategy
Thank-you for taking the time to provide feedback on the draft Revegetation Strategy. Your feedback will shape the final revegetation strategy.
Below is a snapshot of what we heard and how we can incorporate your feedback and what Council is doing to implement your suggestions.
· External stakeholders including neighbouring Councils will be listed as a key stakeholder in the final Revegetation Strategy
· Targets will reflect the minimum number of trees to be planted, creating the flexibility to reach and exceed our planting numbers
· Examples of how many trees planted in previous years and the number of volunteers engaged will be added to provide context.
· Look at buffers around suggested corridors and research future potential corridors to strengthen the protection of these vital pieces of connected habitat
· Council’s Friends Group network recently discussed how to improve the promotion and of environmental volunteer groups and their events.
Consultation has concluded