How can I participate in the online consultations?
If you have not previously participated simply click on the "Register" button at the top right hand of the page, when prompted create a SCREENNAME (Note: your comments will appear under your screenname and you can comment anonymously through a screenname of your choice) create a PASSWORD of your choice provide a valid email address, your age, gender and the location in which you live.
If you have previously partcipated simply click on the "Sign In" function located on the right hand side of the top tool bar.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and Council and the providers of the Casey Conversations engagement portal (Bang the Table) will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations. Your email address and any other information provided by you will not be distributed to any third party or used for any other purpose. We do not ask for your personal details or require them at any time as part of your participation. You may like to review our privacy statement.
Why is the City of Casey seeking feedback and advice online?
Traditional community consultation usually involves attending 'town hall' meetings or providing written submissions to Council, and this can often be time consuming, inconvenient and sometimes intimidating. Casey Conversations gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues and opportunities that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community and for individuals to better understand and acknowledge differing views and work together to provide solutions that benefit the whole community.
How are the online forum and other public comments moderated?
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent to Council. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately. Refer to the moderation guidelines.