Make a real difference in your community and join the City of Casey Disability Access and Inclusion Advisory Group.
The purpose of the Disability Access and Inclusion Advisory Group is to provide a voice for people with disability, their families, and carers, who live, work, study or play in the City of Casey, on all issues related to disability access and inclusion.
The committee will be Council’s main source of advice regarding disability access and inclusion for policies, programs and services which may impact people with disability, their families, and carers.
The committee will also play a key role in the development of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan which is commencing review in 2023/24. The plan takes a whole-of-Council approach to improving access and inclusion for people with disability.
Review the quick guide to find out more detailed information about what is involved and the terms of reference.
How to apply?
To submit an Expression of Interest, please complete and submit the EOI application (see below) by 5.00 pm on Friday 29 September, 2023. Full program details will be provided on acceptance of a program place.
Some of the key areas in which you will be involved include:
- Providing a voice to Council and contributing to the development and review of policies, programs and services which may impact people with disabilities, their families, and carers.
- Making recommendations to Council on issues and opportunities for people living with disability.
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of Council’s Disability Action Plan (DAP).
- Provide advice on accessibility and inclusion for Council run community events and activities.
- Gain new skills and knowledge and see your ideas come to life. Support will be provided to committee members to develop knowledge relevant to participation, including self-advocacy training, meetings skills, participation, and communication skills.
- Make a difference in your community and influence Council's policies for people living with disability, their families and carers.
- Increase your network within the community and meet with other community leaders.
- Feel good about giving back to your community and feel empowered to make a change.
- Any disability-related support required to enable participation on the committee will be provided by Council. This includes providing information in alternative formats including large print, Braille, Easy English, and Auslan.
- We are looking for a broad representation of people from diverse backgrounds within the City of Casey. If you have lived, experience a disability, provide services for people with disability, or care for a person with a disability, please consider applying.
- Residents of the City of Casey, 18 years and older who care and have a passion about their community.
- Be able to commit to attend 8 meetings over a 3-year service period, either online or in-person.
- View the Terms of Reference
- View the Quick Guide