The Inclusive Communities Reference Group will provide Council with expert advice on matters related to diversity, access, and inclusion. Membership will comprise of local community, service organisation, and research representatives. Where required, membership will be sought from areas including:
- Ageing well in Casey
- Cultural and linguistic diversity (CALD)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- People living with a disability
- LGBTIQ+ inclusion
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Social and economic disadvantage
- Religious diversity
- Place-based disadvantage
- Intersectional lived experience.
Priority will be given to emergent community needs and sub-groups will be formed to focus on specific issues, projects, areas, and cohorts within the City of Casey.
The objectives of the Group are to:
- Oversee the development and implementation of Council policies, strategies and action plans relating to access and inclusion
- Assist Council in identifying and making recommendations on issues of access and inclusion affecting residents of the City of Casey
- Encourage and support activities and events which promote access to services and programs in the City of Casey
- Enable greater public participation in decision-making via community engagement and consultation strategies.