Invitation to submit street names for consideration
Casey Fields sporting precinct has several unnamed roads, most of which are already open to the public. There are also some roads that are yet to be constructed.
We would like to recognise residents of the City of Casey who contributed to the local community during their lifetime by using commemorative names for a number of these roads.
Community members are invited to submit names for consideration. All submissions must include:
- A biography of the person, including the person’s achievements, relevant history, and association to the area.
- Consent from the family members of the person being commemorated.
All submissions must also comply with the following Geographic Names Victoria (GNV) Naming Rules for Places in Victoria 2022 Guidelines - Section 2 Naming Principles:
- The person should have had a long association (at least 25 years) to the City of Casey (formally City of Berwick and City of Cranbourne).
- The person should have been held in high regard by the community.
- The names of people who are still alive must be avoided because community attitudes and opinions can change over time.
- Names must not duplicate another road name within proximity.
- Names must not discriminate or be offensive.
- Gender equity is encouraged.
- Traditional owner names cannot be used without agreement from the Bunurong Land Council Aboriginal Corporation.
For more information on the Naming Rules, visit www.land.vic.gov.au/place-naming/understand-the-naming-process/the-naming-rules